Monday 8 January 2018

Day #5 - no ski

The weather today was terrible with low temps, really high winds and heavy snow fall. We all braved the conditions first thing and sking down to the Ski school meet.  The only lifts open were the green and a single blue so I turned around to put the running shoes on. The weather was so bad I wore my long Goretex as well as my ski goggles. Definitely a first!

I ran a short circuit of the town, thought about the road to Val Claret but with the avalanche risk now a whopping 5 out of 5 I thought better of it. Instead I turned around and ran some hill repeats in the thick snow on the path back to the chalet timing it nicely to pick the boys up at 12 and march them back up the hill for hot showers. Ended up with 9ish ks in 60 minutes or so trying not to stack it.

In the afternoon, the weather worsened again with the wind picking up and a full on blizzard enveloping. Never seen anything like it which meant we were confined to the chalet spending dinner with Chev, stunt man Dave, Sarah and Lewis.

I’ve a big decision to make....











No comments:

Post a Comment